Thank you for your interest in Peril. We are currently closed for submissions.
Please consider our contributions guidelines:
- We accept contributions of art works, prose, poetry, non-fiction, essays, blog posts with a word limit of 1000 words (where applicable), a relationship to issues of Asian Australian interest, and a connection to the issue theme.
- We consider previously unpublished, original work, however, simultaneous submissions are acceptable. We ask only that you notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- We welcome submissions in creative and new media interpretations of “literature”, including video, audio and text format, graphic stories, sound or visual art, as long as it can be presented online and has a relationship to story.
- You don’t have to be Asian-Australian to contribute, but your contribution should be of Asian-Australian interest. Check out our back editions to see what we publish.
- Our editions are themed and you are welcome to include a short (100 -200 word) artist statement, which may outline the work’s relationship to that theme.
Please note we are currently only able to pay Australian contributors for themed editions due to our current funding arrangements. We look to pay our contributors equally, depending on the number of successful submissions. Our average payment rates are between $50-100.
To stay in touch around submission dates, please connect with us on Facebook or Twitter so that we can let you know of any upcoming writing opportunities. We also welcome suggestions for edition themes or articles because we think you’ve got great ideas.